Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Any Qualms Buying Canon Refurb' Products?

The only complaint i have is you cant get anything from there if you live in Canada
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Pat....sorry, late to the party; first congrats on the purchase, secondly, you shouldn't have any issues.
    My experience has been great w/both refurbed lenses and a camera body.....I like the idea that the refurbs receive individual attention.
    E.G's. of my refurbs; 500 vers 1 lens is from Adorama (purchased long before vers 2 became a reality), advantage for me; they don't charge MA tax, and lenient return policy. My 5DMK3 and 35 f1.2 ll are from Canon. The only disadvantage to Canon's refurbs; they charge MA sales tax.
    I'm totally satisfied w/my refurbs, well maybe not so much w/the boxes the lens and body arrive in.
    Sleep easy Pat, you haven't thrown away your money.
    Bill

Also late to the party here: Overall I have had a good experience buying refurb gear from Canon. Only issue was purchasing the Canon 7D a few years back. The in-focus rate was horrible (less than 25%) even after calibrating my lenses and tweaking my settings. I sold it a year later when I got my 6D. I ended up picked up a used 7D last summer and the in-focus rate is nearly perfect on the same lenses.
    ---
    Way too much gear and even more lighting equipment.