4 22.22%
  • Sheiky "Austria Self Portrait near Pezid"

10 55.56%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Now Voting! Assignment #82: Step into your Landscape

Now Voting! Assignment #82: Step into your Landscape

On behalf of CLS, I would like to introduce Assignment #82

As described by CLS:

One thing I’ve learned from various visits to beautiful places is that I find the average landscape shots I come home with rather boring – similar shots could have been taken from any postcard or downloaded from the web. A way to personalize the shots that I’ve been practicing for a while is to put myself in the frame, a few examples are attached. It doesn’t necessarily make the view look better, but it makes the photo mean more to me personally. So, this assignment is about showing us a landscape scene you like, and as an addition you should be in the frame yourself.

The Finalists:

M_Six “Us”
    This shot is a perfect example of what I had in mind. I’m pretty sure that one’s memory card is crowded with shots of the impressive views after a visit to this place. However, in a while they’ll just be another bunch of shots of nice views, but this shot is likely unique and may become your favorite shot from the trip.

Minerve101 “Orchard Lake”
    This shot is a good example of another type of shot I had in mind. The landscape scene itself is really beautiful, but honestly those “good looking landscape shots” tend to become rather boring. Add a person looking out over the landscape and it becomes much more interesting. Who is he? (OK, we know that in this case but you get the point…) What is he doing there? What is he thinking of?

Sheiky “Austria self portrait near Pezid”
    I could have said “see comment to shot by M_Six”, but I repeat it: This shot is a perfect example of what I had in mind. I’m pretty sure that one’s memory card is crowded with shots of the impressive views after a visit to this place. However, in a while they’ll just be another bunch of shots of nice views, but this shot is likely unique and may become your favorite shot from the trip.

Good luck.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 08-12-2016 at 10:22 AM.

Sob, i think i didn't have any picture of me like that! I will be in Ireland 9th-20th August, i will arrive later
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

So toes in the frame of the fish eye don't count?
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

With the instruction “…you should be in the frame yourself” I didn’t really have your shadow or your toes only in mind. You don’t have to be entirely in the frame (like in my examples), but you should be recognizable for someone who knows you (well). However, all contributions will be considered by the almighty judge, but in a possibly tight race contributions that fulfill the guidelines for the assignment may have a better chance.

I almost posted a shot of my wife and I with Death Valley in the background, but it was more of a selfie shot than us being "in the frame," if that makes sense.
    Mark - Flickr

A selfie with the landscape as a background is for sure one of the types of shots I had in mind, but I didn't have any good example when I posted the assignment. (An intention with "add yourself to the frame" was that people may not have too many of such shots in their archives, and that it would increase the number of contributions newly taken specifically for the assignment.)

In that case...

Us
    Mark - Flickr

A little more than a week to go with this assignment!

Up in the Air
    Riding the chairlift this past week at the Whistler/Blackcomb ski resort in British Columbia

Last weekend to enter.