Thread: Digital Techniques for Multiple Exposure Photos

Cool Digital Techniques for Multiple Exposure Photos

Hi everyone!

Noob here and I would like to pick your brain on Digital Techniques for Multiple Exposure Photos as I am curious about this technique. Thanks!

Welcome to the forums!

Anything specific you're looking for? I assume some version or HDR? Maybe a starting point is to read Bryan's tip section on this website. He has a good article on Natural-Looking HDR Images here: http://www.the-digital-picture.com/P...DR-Images.aspx

Stephen

If you are looking for multiple exposures of different locations in one negative the digital method would be compositing separate images as layers in editing software such as PhotoShop or Corel PaintShop. Working with masks it is possible to selectively reveal the layer(s) beneath or use different blending modes to alter how the layer interact with each other. This quickly becomes a very deep subject. To get an idea of what is possible with more advanced skills and techniques check out the work of Renee Robyn.
    If you are looking for multiple stop motion shots in one image, such as a falling ball, that would be a studio technique using flash pulses at specified time intervals to record the falling object. Works best in a dark room with no stray light entering it.
    Hope that we have been able to come up with an answer to your question.

Not necessarily. You can do multiple exposures of different locations combined in camera. Depending on what camera you have, you can take two (or more) pictures and have them overplayed over each other in camera. For example, I believe the 5D III has this ability.

Sent from my SM-T810 using Tapatalk
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr