Thread: Canon 5Ds blurry?

Canon 5Ds blurry?

Hi all, I've got a bit of a weird question. I've had a 5Ds for a little while with a Tamron 24-70VC. On my 6D and 5D MK III it was never an issue, but on the 5Ds I'm getting more blurry shots and never had any on the other cameras. Sometimes I get blurry shots on my 70-200 also but that has no IS so I put it down to camera shake.

Today I was out shooting with a tripod and was shooting a picture of a bridge. No wind or anything and the bridge came out a litle blurry even though it was on the tripod. I took another shot and turned on VC and still got a blurry shot. I waited a few seconds then took the shot again and this one was perfect. I also took some of my fiance and I'd say about 30-40% of them had some level of blur to them, even with shutter speeds of 1/500 and she was sitting still.

Is this an issue you've come across? I've had to pull out of a paid engagement party shoot as my local stores are all booked out of camera bodies for that weekend and I can't afford to buy a 5D MKIII (and don't want to ruin their party)

I've read lots of rumours about due to being 50MP you need to be much steadier, but I'e always been steady, even when using a tripod it happens.

Any ideas on this? I've tried various focusing methods such as one shot and the servo modes and even tried specifically setting the focus point on what I'm shooting but still I get blur. When I was doing candid shots I didn't really care too much, but I can't risk losing more paid work as I'm only starting out and don't want to ruin my name before I even get off the ground.

have you micro-adjusted the auto focus?

Is it this lens you mean? Tamron 24-70mm f/2.8 Di VC USD If yes, take it to be updated and it might solve the issua. I have 5dsr and i had to update the lens software to make it focus at all. That lens is still having occasional hickups with focusing with me aka if something moves fast past when focusing, the lenses af goes awol and needs to be reset.

Karsaa, that's the exact lens. Thanks heaps, will look into it