Hi all,

I purchased a Tamron 24-70 VC DI a few months ago for my 5DS. It's never been able to work in Liveview and even the focus points are off a lot of the time. All my other lenses are fine. The store I bought it from feel bad as I spend a lot of money there, so they've offered to trade it in at close to retail value on a 24-70 Canon 2.8 II

I had a gig the other night for a good band that was meant to be paid, but the focusing was so off I can't actually charge them. Even in bright sunlight it's off even if the person is standing in front of me. Tamron said maybe a firmware will fix it, but their latest firmware is over a year old, so I need to send my lens away for 6-8 weeks to potentially find out the firmware is already up to date (the lens is only 3-4 months old)

So, I just wanted to know what you thought? I've read some reviews on the lens and the only thing I don't like is no IS, so for low lighting it might not perform too well when the shutter speed drops.

Can someone please recommend a good zoom apart from the 24-70 Canon I can look into as an alternative? I was looking at the 16-35 but it might not have enough reach. The 17-50 has also been mentioned.

Thanks!