Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Mac vs Windows recent experiences

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    The other issue is the magic mouse. My iMac came with it, and I can't stand it. Every time I grab the mouse it imagines that I've swiped it somehow. If it was less sensitive, it may be okay. It also doesn't like Eneloops. After looking online, I see Eneloops are slightly smaller than normal batteries, and a paper shim in the battery compartment is required to make the Magic Mouse work. After that, it would drain the batteries every couple of days. It was so infuriating that I took my old wired mouse from my old PC and I'm using that.

Their touchpad though, it's nice. I haven't tried their newer force-touch pads, so I can't comment on those.
    I far prefer the touchpad to a mouse (any mouse). I have a Magic Mouse, it's ok but sits in a drawer. Instead, I use a Magic Trackpad when working with an external display/keyboard. I tried to replicate that with my work-provided PC laptop using a Logitech trackpad, it's kludgy compared to Apple's trackpad, particularly for drag-and-drop.

I bought a 2015 15b inch maxed out Macbook Pro recently and... Well, I should have stuck to PC. It's great and all, but editing 5ds photos it slows down a bit. You click on a photo and it takes about 4-5 second to render it clearly. Mind you, I switched to Mac to become more productive (not as many games) so on that front it's worth it.

Squidy, did I read this right? The Mac has fewer games to distract you it has helped you exercise self control and stay focused on the task at hand.

You know you can run Boot Camp or Parallels an Mac and you would have Windows and your games? I hope I didn't ruin your Apple experience by telling you this.

Hahahaha I don't want to run bootcamp and start playing games again, I'd much rather focus on photography. Besides, I don't think the mac itself is fast enough to play the games I'm used to

Just to add, after our cruise in January I'm thinking of actually getting rid of my laptop altogether
    Last edited by Squidy; 09-28-2016 at 10:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Squidy View Post
    Just to add, after our cruise in January I'm thinking of actually getting rid of my laptop altogether
    I'm thinking about it too. My 2010 iMac is still running well and I'm trying to limit the amount of screens around me.