Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: lightroom issue

lightroom issue

lately i have been having strange behavior with lightroom. sometimes when i move the mouse over a menu i get a bunch of squares poping up on the screen. if i click anywhere on the image they go away but as soon as i move the mouse around it starts happening again. i thought it might be my old graphics card so i bought a new one and added another 8 gigs of memory at the same time. nothing has changed . although i dont have a top of the line computer , i have way more than the min requirements .its kind of hard to explain what is happening , so i made a short video. is anyone else having a similar issue ?
    https://youtu.be/3lcCDEssmsE
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

No. And I would wait for the advise of the more computer savvy members, but my thought would be to delete and then reinstall the program.

It almost looks like something is trying to pop up a window. Hmm, I'm with Kayaker here, you may want to try to reinstall the program to see if it persists. Are you using dual monitors?

no just a single monitor . I will try a clean install tonight. thanks guys.
    Stuart Edwards
    1DX Mark II , 6D , Samyang 14mm f2.8 ,Sigma 85mm f1.4A , 24-105mm f/4L IS , 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II ,100-400 f5.6L II , 300mm f/2.8L II , EF 1.4x III , EF 2x III, 430EX II

Could be the graphics processor. Try changing the setting on how Lightroom uses it. Edit - Preferences. Goto the Performance tab and change the setting for 'Use Graphics Processor'.

Any luck?

Quote Originally Posted by wsmith96 View Post
    Any luck?
    Even after a fresh install I still have the same issue.
    Stuart Edwards

Are there any other programs on your computer (hopefully recently installed) that may be affecting how the computer displays things? Maybe some type of calibration software?

Also, the new graphics card - is it made by the same company as the old one? I'm wondering if a software/driver update could have been applied which caused the issue in the first place and the same software was installed/utilized by the new card.

What operating system are you using? You may want to see if there were any OS updates that could have caused the issue and uninstall all the most recent updates that might have been the culprit.

Did you try changing the Graphics processor setting I mentioned? One of my computers had some incompatibility between Lightroom and the graphics processor.

I did change the GPU settings and nothing changed. I did recently upgrade the GPU to see if that would fix the problem with no luck. It is from the same company though . I have been itching to upgrade to an I7 CPU with a new motherboard and even more memory, this might just push me to do it. That might not fix my problem but it might keep the CPU form hitting 100% when working in lightroom . I am running windows 10 and not sure if i will go back to win 7 or not when i eventualy upgrade.
    Stuart Edwards