I stumbled across this Flickr album of shots from the new Tamron 150-600mm G2 lens. As the images didn't have full EXIF, I doubted their legitimacy. The "Safari" shots were all taken in early September, and the lens just became available a day or two ago... so, likely fake.

Then I stumbled across a nature photographer's Facebook page where he used the new 150-600mm G2 lens for an assignment... Posted September 7th... of a Cheetah. While it was not one of the images from this Flickr page, it definitely looks like it could be from the same outing... so I think these shots are legitimate. Tamron took a couple wildlife guys out of a shoot, to test out their new toy.

For the Cheetah portrait (4th image, 2nd Cheetah image), I clicked to view full size... and got a 50MP image... so I think there's a good chance the safari shots were shot on a 5Ds, which is perfect for judging the resolving capabilities of the lens. While parts of the face aren't fully sharp, the spots on the body look pretty good to me.

https://www.flickr.com/photos/transc...h/29391791342/

Enjoy!