Thread: Lens Advice Needed!

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Personally, I find the 24-x lenses to be too long on crop to be "right". You're probably fine with the 17-55 for that range, plus you get the IS+f/2.8 combo that's still elusive for FF (perhaps there are third-party lenses that offer this...I only look at Canon and Zeiss at this point). 70-200 is a great combo, but perhaps it's worth looking at the 85/1.8, 135/2, and/or perhaps a 35/2IS or 35/1.4II.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

My 2 cents.

you have 10 to 65 in three lenses and sounds like nothing longer nor anything truly low light.

I would be real tempted to the sigma 85 1.4. Gets you something 2 stops better, etc. I know everyone is concerned about focus consistency, and if you have the extra sheckles then go to the Canon 85 1.2.

The other way to go but seems doubling up on the wide end and just for low light is the sigma 20 1.4.

Do you find yourself running out of room for the shot vs. the tight portrait type shots.

If you are doing this for the $$ which way do your clients want to go? No/fewer flash or tighter portraits??
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I have the 85 1.8