First review has come in. It is big, it is heavy, it has an 86 mm front thread (like I want more filters) but this may be a thing of beauty....

from lenstip:

I imagine Zeiss must gnash their collective teeth quite strongly. They invented the Otus series which was supposed to prove that, for a quite astronomical price, you can produce an optically outstanding lens practically without any flaws. Meanwhile Sigma presented their 85 mm device which is not only able to win a duel with the Otus 1.4/85 in the most important categories but also breaks the resolution record of the Otus 1.4/28 on the sensor of the Canon EOS 5D Mark III. Mind you it is over three times cheaper. Nothing to add I suppose – a fully deserved the Lenstip Editor’s Choice award.

I love my 50A. I was very impressed with my 35A (since sold). I really wish this was somewhere between 100-135 mm. I probably would be unable to resist it. At 85 mm, it is awfully close to my 50 mm. But this is the most tempted I have been in awhile.....and my photography budget is in very good shape.

Tempting....

Of course, I will wait for other reviews, in particular Bryan's.....but the 24-70 II and 70-200 II are so good, primes really need to set themselves apart, IMO. This seems to do just that.