Hi,

I am thinking of taking a plunge and getting a 5D4. I currently have 6D, and I would peobably be keeping it as a 2nd body. Obviously the autofocus would be just incredibly better. On the other hand, (presumably) AF will be at least considerably improved on the 6D2 (in a year). The one thing in particular that I care about, however, is high ISO image quality (ISO 3200 - 6400 really).

I have looked at the review on this site, which is my most trusted site for reviews. I have also looked at DXOMARK, which is rather puzzling in many ways. I have also seen a few other reviews.

I am not clear on whether the new 5D4 is better, the same or even worse at high ISO image quality. I may very well be missing it but I am not sure I understand if the review on TDP makes a clear statement on this. Also, on my monitor, the noise comparison tool shows a larger image on 5D4 than the test chart image for 5D3, which confuses me. DXO MARK's "sports" rating may (or may not) suggest that the camera is better at high ISO's, though I do not understand their methodology on that even after reading their explanation. Another site I saw seemed to say the 5D4 does less well at high ISO image quality. Perhaps part of the confusion is the combination of resolution loss + noise gain at high ISO. Maybe some sites drill down on the resolution improving while others just look at noise. I was wondering which is best overall IQ at high ISO, once you have applied some noise correction.

Is there a verdict on this one?

Thanks.