Thread: Canon DPP 4 Collections - HELP!

Canon DPP 4 Collections - HELP!

Hi all,

Need some of the great advice I usually get here once again.

I've spent the last few weeks working on a project for my wife, going through my entire photo archive in DPP since 2007 and editing, converting, then transferring photos of our boys into a Collection, with the intent of taking all those photos to be printed and placed in photo albums. There are over 1000 photos in the Collection currently and I still have another 2 years to look through.

Today, the thought crossed my mind about the next step. I'll have to get all the photos onto a USB and get them printed or upload them somewhere, etc. Then I realized through trying that once photos are in a Collection, you can't copy or paste them anywhere else?????

How am I to get all the photos in the Collection onto a USB or uploaded to a website for printing if I can't copy all the photos from the Collection and move them somewhere else?

I don't want to have to go through all the folders the photos came from all over again and manually copy photos to new locations. That's like doing everything I've been doing the past few weeks all over again!

Any ideas on a way around this???

Thanks,

Alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8

Highlight all of the pictures in the collection.
    Go to File tab click on Save As and save them in a new folder.
    Find that folder on your drive and copy it.

Am I missing something here or will that not work?

Edit: Multiple pics you would have to click save on each one as it pops up. You could use Batch Process to avoid this.
    Last edited by HDNitehawk; 12-10-2016 at 12:05 AM.

Goodness, I can't believe I didn't think of that. Thank you so much!!

There were 70 of the 1128 pictures that threw an error during the batch process, but it wasn't hard to find them and save them individually.

Thank you so much HDNitehawk!

Alex
    R6 II --- RF 14-35mm f/4L IS --- RF 24-105mm f/4L IS --- RF 100-400mm F5.6-8 IS
    70D --- EF-S 10-22mm f/3.5-4.5 --- EF-S 17-55mm f/2.8 IS --- EF 70-200mm f/4L IS --- EF 85mm f/1.8