Thread: Has the M-Series Arrived?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    It arrived and the battery is charging. The manual is about the same size of the camera and so far positive on the initial unpacking.

What about adapters. Is the Canon version really worth $140 more than this one?
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...apter_for.html

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    It arrived and the battery is charging. The manual is about the same size of the camera and so far positive on the initial unpacking.

What about adapters. Is the Canon version really worth $140 more than this one?
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...apter_for.html
    Good question. If it were me, I'd get the Vello adapter simply because I wouldn't plan on using it *that* much, so the very slight amount of play in the fit is something I could live with. And think of it this way; if the Vello one works, you've saved a bundle over the Canon version. If it doesn't work out, then you can return it and get the Canon one instead.

With a tele M I guess I wouldn't need adapter that often, only if I want to use it on the 500mm. Video that might happen, I ordered the Vello.

I also ordered the 55 x 200mm.
    Anyone know if there is any other benefit of having the new 18 x 150mm rather than the 55 x 200mm? Image quality? Video?
    Will the 55 x 200mm work with the digital IS and video?

Other than the obvious which the 18 x 150mm will arguably give you a more usable every day focal range.
    The two are almost the exact same dimensions, the 55-200mm is over an ounce lighter. The 18-150mm gives you .5 stop IS advantage.

FYI the 55 x 200mm is on the way.