Thread: Has the M-Series Arrived?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    After a bit more research with the target audience, the wife wants it for Christmas, so it will be here tomorrow.

For her this was the most important thing:
    "Additionally, the camera sports built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device."

For an entry level ILC in today's market this will probably be one of the biggest selling points.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
    After a bit more research with the target audience, the wife wants it for Christmas, so it will be here tomorrow.

For her this was the most important thing:
    "Additionally, the camera sports built-in Wi-Fi with NFC for quick and convenient pairing with a smartphone or tablet for wireless image sharing, and Bluetooth is also featured for image sharing to and remote camera control from a mobile device."

For an entry level ILC in today's market this will probably be one of the biggest selling points.

And it is always good to listen to your target audience.......

I am very curious to hear what you think.

I thought the M5 feature list would make a great 6DII... without a mirror....

All I can say, is that there are options in the $1000 to $2000 range that have features that would blow the mind of anyone in the market for a 20D, or even a 50D.

If you can limit the size of the sensor to APC (50D) and are willing to trade off to the MF4/3 both Pany/Oly offerings are just chuck long in features (who knows if all of them are useful).

Here is a wild statement, if the M5 had 4k video there would already be one on my desk, with the two kit lenses and my 5dIII donated to a local highschool or something. Particularly if Canon would reverse tele an adapter ala metabones. As an enthusiast that would give me all that I could imagine.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911