Thread: Monitor Calibration

Threaded View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you David.

in addition to your link, I have found this link that explains the process a bit (and the photoshop setting modification that you mention) and also links to here, where you can download a test chart to see if you are functioning 10 bit in photoshop.

Bottom line, two tests, and my monitor set up failed both. Looks like I am still functioning in 8 bit even with the new GPU (GeForce 1050 ti), and DisplayPort connection.

I have to admit that I am going to take a step back and think about whether chasing 10 bit is worth it.

I could wrap my head around needing to upgrade from a low-mid level GPU bought in 2011, but when the latest release isn't getting it done and you need to jump up to GPUs intended for workstations????

The second, and perhaps more critical, is I have now added software to the list in the chain that needs to be compatible. So, GPU, cable/connection, monitor and now software. I rarely use Photoshop and instead use Lightroom. I have looked under Preferences/Performance in LR and do not see any way to enable 30 bit.

So, does LR only work in 8 bit? In this forum in 2014 and here in 2015, the answer was LR is only 8 bit (to the monitor). If still true, what good is it for me to have a monitor that can function in 10 bit?

Thanks again.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 02-21-2017 at 04:01 PM.