Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Dust on sensor help

That sensor stamp looks very good --- and it's bigger than the gel stamp so likely gets the job done faster. I've had minimal success with the Arctic Butterfly brush. It really only works with particles that are loosely attached. I gave up on it years ago.

Just ordered up the whole enchilada.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Quote Originally Posted by Busted Knuckles View Post
    Just ordered up the whole enchilada.
    I would definitely keep enchiladas well away from your sensor

Quote Originally Posted by neuroanatomist View Post
    When the question of cleaning a sensor comes up, I generally reference Uncle Roger... I figure that a company like LensRentals has to have a pretty good method for cleaning a sensor, given how many of them they have to clean...
    I had the Rocket Blower, Arctic Butterfly and Sensor Loupe before I ran across the video, I subsequently bought a box of Sensor Stamps, but I haven't yet needed to use them.
    After watching this video clip I purchased several of these cleaning items and attacked my sensor. I am not sure but I think canon repair got lubricant on my sensor when they repaired my shutter. It was so bad I could see it without a loupe. It took two applications of the VisibleDust EZ swabs using both cleaning fluids and two applications with the DustAid Platinum DSLR Sensor Cleaner but it looks good now. Maybe my imagination but pictures seem less flat now.
    Thanks for sharing the video clip.
    Mark

Great to read. Likewise - I thought I had be extraordinarily careful - there were plenty of dots on 5dIII and a surprising amount on the 1dx given its low shutter count, I didn't look at the M. I plan to undertake a cleaning party on Saturday when my daughter visits w/ the t3i.

Got all the pieces and parts today. I had one spot on the each the FFs that needed the lens pen. The 1D seemed have a bunch of fibers in the mirror box, had to tweeze them out - what a pain. All clean now.

Ditto the sensor stick. The sensor stick by eyelead is great and fiendishly simple. Basically a mildly sticky blue gel Chicklet on the end of a plastic stick. You clean it by touching it to a more sticky paper sticker they give you.
    Canon 6D, Canon EF 16-35 f/2.8 L III; Sigma 35mm f/1.4 "Art"; Canon EF 70-200 f/2.8L IS II, Canon EF 100mm f/2.8 L IS Macro; Canon 24-105 f/4 L ; Canon EF-S 17-55 f/2.8 IS (unused nowadays), EF 85 f/1.8; Canon 1.4x TC Mk. 3; 3x Phottix Mitros+ flashes

Well, the dust is still there. I'm starting to think they can't remove it because they've accidentally put a nick in the sensor. Is that possible? If I open it up i can see the mark but I dont have a loupe so cant see if its dust etc, however a blower wont get rid of it.