Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Body Upgrade Help.

I've never shot with a high end Mirrorless camera, what's the major difference between - say 80d And the Sony a 6500?
    Is it worth trading in my canon gear for the Sony? Add the Sony to my gear?

Quote Originally Posted by Magijr View Post
    I've never shot with a high end Mirrorless camera, what's the major difference between - say 80d And the Sony a 6500?
    Is it worth trading in my canon gear for the Sony? Add the Sony to my gear?
    Focus system on a6500 is very sophisticated and flexible and covers just about the whole sensor. I didn't have an issue w/ the speed of the focus or tracking, picking the style etc is going to be important. As to battery - Kayaker and I did several hundred shots and only when through 1/2 the battery - roughly. The key is turning off the LCD screen and use the EVF (which you will do most the time anyway). I also had the meter, etc turn off pretty quickly I think that saved some battery. Regardless, the battery is really small, so having one in your pocket is not that big a deal.

It is very small - it is screaming for a battery grip just for some hand room. The key is proper technique - you support the rig w/ your left hand and your right hand should have a very light grip.

Admittedly I do not know its weather sealing, how much poor treatment it could take, etc.

It is the top of the Sony crop models and those features.

So you could get the body, a metabones adapter and keep the 17-55.

Best of luck.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911