Thread: Everypixel--Picture rating

Everypixel--Picture rating

Ok....This was fun. So, Sean just posted this on TDP news. I am still not convinced that they do not have people sitting in a room messing with us, but they claim to be using software to rate photos. Their goal is to rate or, separate out, the better stock photos.

Of course, I had to try it a bit.

It likes this frog picture:

Name:  everypixel frog 2.jpg
Views: 801
Size:  126.3 KB

But not this one:

Name:  everypixel frog 3.jpg
Views: 493
Size:  135.8 KB

It likes this shot of a capuchin monkey:

Name:  everypixel monkey 1.jpg
Views: 254
Size:  137.3 KB

more than this shot:

Name:  everypixel monkey 2.jpg
Views: 350
Size:  138.7 KB

Waterfall...YES!

Name:  everypixel waterfall.jpg
Views: 631
Size:  168.5 KB

Interesting. I did a number of other comparisons and have to say, generally, I agree. Even though some of my shots were rated very low (not just the second frog pic), definitely those that were rated higher I would agree were better shots.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 04-13-2017 at 05:34 PM.

How long does it take?
    I even reduced the image to 1mb and it still seems to just run and run?
    Mark

I ran into that twice as well. I ended up opening a new window and that helped. When working, I'd say 5-10 seconds per picture.

I ran into a similar stuck-loading once (had to reload), and I was only uploading 2048px versions of my images. My thoughts mirrored yours, Brant, and I think I uploaded about a dozen different images. What I was most impressed with was the tag generator; it even generated the tag "Ultraviolet" for a black light image I uploaded. While the rating system is entertaining, I think the tag suggestions it produces can be genuinely useful.

It worked good for me this morning. I think after the posting on the forum there must have been too many people trying it at the same time. Moat of mine I tried are 90% and above. I did however have a few very low. The tag generator is pretty amazing.
    Mark

I found the results pretty confusing. Some really similar pictures could jump from 20% to 80% with just a slightly different angle or framing. But when one of my picture was rated at 100% I changed my mind and now I think the algorithm is perfectly accurate . Took me some time to get it though.

The tag generator is indeed interesting but not errorless either. It mixed up fog with snow for example. On the other hand, I was pretty impressed that it could identify the European Alps on my pictures. How does it know it's not another moutain range ? Edit : after some more testing, some of my pics were localized in Canada. Didn't remember going there lately...
    Last edited by Tounis; 04-18-2017 at 12:38 PM.