Thread: 2017 Image of the Week #21

2017 Image of the Week #21

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly and finally in an annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

• There will be only one weekly winner.
    • This entry period for Week 21 will be from Monday May 15th through/including Sunday May 21st.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by Wsmith96.
    Good luck!!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 05-17-2017 at 04:00 AM.

"Bad companies"

Bad companies
    by Jamsus RaccolteFoto, su Flickr
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

"World Trade"
    IMG_6867WM by gerard melillo, on Flickr

"You lookin' at me?" --- Great Horned Owlet

The Tower

Hi everyone! This week's winner is "World Trade" by jerrytech1. I thought that this was an interesting perspective photo as the electrical wires were assisting the tracks in pointing at the vanishing point. The photo had good color and composition - congrats jerrytech!

A few words about the other entries.

"Bad companies" - the title does describe the characters well . For me I would have like to have seen this picture more exposed to better reveal the detail of all of the characters. There is one person who you can see most of his costume details, but the other two are silhouettes. There is also another person on the right side of the photo that I felt was distracting from the main subject. Other than that, was this a pic of a festival or a role playing game? It looks really interesting - I just would have liked to have seen the characters better.

"You lookin at me" - nice shot of the owl. I wish I could get a shot off on the owls by my house but they are only active after the sun goes down. For this picture, I wish that the foliage would not have been covering the owl; especially the owl's face. I do understand that sometimes this is just how it is, you get the shots that Mother Nature allows for. Nice focusing job on the owl with all of the leaves in the way!

"The tower" - the tower is interesting, but one thing that stuck out was the neon glow around the tower almost to the point that that was all I was looking at. To me this looks like an hdr shot that resulted in that surreal look that hdr shot can sometimes get. Was this look intended?

Thanks for asking me to judge this week!

Congrats Jerry!

@wsmith96

Yep, it is a live action role playing game that i organize & play since... 2007!

The choice of making dresses "see-and-not-see" is voluntary, 'cause i like a lot the effect of the clear blackground and the dark subjects. The stuff you see on the right is a piece of a building, which i used to "encapsulate" the picture.
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

Thank you! Great entries everyone.

The Tower was a single shot, not HDR, but I did use Topaz Glow on the background which resulted in the blue halo. I kept it that way because I liked it.