Thread: 6d2 review timing?

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post

Personally as a current 6D user I'm giving serious consideration to going back to a crop body like the 80D as my primary camera. I like the user features such as touch screen, frame rate, better autofocus, and on chip processing.

Dave
    That is exactly what I did. I just sold my 6d and T1i in anticipation of the 6dii, but the 80d is looking pretty good and I still have the lenses to complete a great kit for a crop camera. I tried to buy an 80d over the 4th holiday, but canon cancelled my order Perhaps it is a sign.
    Last edited by wsmith96; 07-19-2017 at 11:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by wsmith96 View Post
    That is exactly what I did. I just sold my 6d and T1i in anticipation of the 6dii, but the 80d is looking pretty good and I still have the lenses to complete a great kit for a crop camera. I tried to buy an 80d over the 4th holiday, but canon cancelled my order Perhaps it is a sign.
    The 80D is a really nice camera and a good overall value. The 6D2 has 2 major turn offs for me: AF points clustered too much in the middle and low ISO dynamic range. The 80D checks both of those boxes plus it has a good frame rate, high pixel count, and flippy touch screen.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    The 80D is a really nice camera and a good overall value. The 6D2 has 2 major turn offs for me: AF points clustered too much in the middle and low ISO dynamic range. The 80D checks both of those boxes plus it has a good frame rate, high pixel count, and flippy touch screen.
    It's my understanding that phase detection AF on FF cameras will always have the focus points concentrated in the middle 1/3 of the height of the frame. Width-wise, there isn't the same physical limitation, but perhaps there are implementation restrictions.
    We're a Canon/Profoto family: five cameras, sixteen lenses, fifteen Profoto lights, too many modifiers.

Quote Originally Posted by peety3 View Post
    It's my understanding that phase detection AF on FF cameras will always have the focus points concentrated in the middle 1/3 of the height of the frame. Width-wise, there isn't the same physical limitation, but perhaps there are implementation restrictions.
    The AF points on the 80D and 7D2 cover the rule of thirds points. I'm not sure about the full frame cameras, I've never looked because I couldn't ever justify 5D and beyond cost.

Dave

I was able to pick up the 80D this weekend. Had trouble again ordering online, but no issue calling it in. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the 60d. Anyone here get the new 6d? If so, what do you think about it?

Quote Originally Posted by wsmith96 View Post
    I was able to pick up the 80D this weekend. Had trouble again ordering online, but no issue calling it in. Looking forward to seeing how it compares to the 60d. Anyone here get the new 6d? If so, what do you think about it?
    I passed from 60D to 80D and i was really happy.

The main reasons are:

1) Autofocus & AF Point capabilities, even in low light
    2) ISO & Noise compared to 60D
    3) Really good FPS

Basically is really a good complete camera (at least, for what i do - travel & wild life)
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus