Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigma 14 mm Art

swamp perseid by Kari, on Flickr

One more image. Light perseid from last night trip to local swamp. Fog rised so thick, that had to leave quite early. New try this evening on a more field view =)

That looks really good. I'm not normally a fan of Sigma but that looks good.
    --

Yeah, i like the image quality of the lens a lot. One thing that slightly now annoys is, that the weather sealing of this lens is not the best. Compared to my irix 15mm which i have never got into frost or foggy, sigma gets foggy, but atleast it takes bit time. Oh well i have now use to my jacket for the camera and lens =)

It gets foggy? Inside the lens or the surface of the front element? Thanks for the heads up.

Surface, foggy was just the word first game to my mind =). Yeah, going to go shoot more this night and will wear the parka i have over the body and lens and see, if that alone is enough to keep it clean

Hand warmer strapped to the lens hood/barrel? heat the lens up a bit above the dew point and all should be good?
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

I have full camera and lens covering "suit" to wear on and tested it this night in very humid conditions. No problems with lens getting wet or foggy.

Mild auroras with meteor

Finally got some auroras here in southern finland to try out sigma. So far very very pleased to this. Can't wait my october trip to top north of finland to shoot real auroras.

Mild northern lights with meteor. by Kari, on Flickr

So, I rented the Sigma 14A for my recent trip to Zion. I am still processing the photos. Overall, I am impressed with the IQ. It is certainly sharp from corner to corner (especially f/2.8 on up). What really has my attention is virtually no vignetting at f/2.8 and very little at f/1.8.

I will say, it was a bit of a beast to handle. I felt the need to support it with my left hand if hand holding a shot.

A few nightscapes:

1L0A7736 by kayaker72, on Flickr

1L0A7724 by kayaker72, on Flickr

1L0A7741 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Cool! I see a touch of coma in the corners of the last shot, which I notice was taken at f/2.0. But it's very little, and certainly less than my Canon 24 mm prime at f/2.0 (although the wider angle makes coma automatically appear smaller).