Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Sigma 14 mm Art

Will be going to 5 day northern lights photo trip next month. Will post some from that trip then to see how it performs on real auroras, not these mild southern ones

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Cool! I see a touch of coma in the corners of the last shot, which I notice was taken at f/2.0. But it's very little, and certainly less than my Canon 24 mm prime at f/2.0 (although the wider angle makes coma automatically appear smaller).
    There is some definite coma, but it isn't bad and is gone by f/2.8. That shot is where it was most prevalent out of those that I took. I think because there were some brighter stars in the corners. A few other shots, even at f/1.8, it was much less noticeable, but dimmer stars.

Quick example:

Overall image:
    Name:  X-Coma-7726.jpg
Views: 555
Size:  171.7 KB

Top left corner:
    Name:  X-Coma-7726-2.jpg
Views: 588
Size:  191.3 KB

Sigma 14 mm f/1.8, 30 sec, f/1.8, ISO 400

Quote Originally Posted by Karsaa View Post
    Will be going to 5 day northern lights photo trip next month. Will post some from that trip then to see how it performs on real auroras, not these mild southern ones
    I look forward it to it! Granted, I had a moonlit night, but I was pretty impressed with how much light the Sigma gave me. The minimal of vignetting was very impressive and useful.

Here's a review that I just came across:

https://amazingsky.net/2017/09/22/th...-14s-face-off/

Lake Savojärvi by Kari, on Flickr

Start of the 805 picture time lapse is taken with canon 24mm f/1.4 II but then the arc of the auroras went so wide i swithed to sigma 14mm f/1.8. Boy i love this lense and can't wait these 2 weeks to get to shoot auroras for real =)

Quote Originally Posted by Karsaa View Post
    Start of the 805 picture time lapse is taken with canon 24mm f/1.4 II but then the arc of the auroras went so wide i swithed to sigma 14mm f/1.8. Boy i love this lense and can't wait these 2 weeks to get to shoot auroras for real =)
    LOVE IT!!!!

so 8 ish second exposure? Also are all the moving lights planes or are there some meteors in there as well?
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

4 second and iso 4000 f/1.4 with canon and 1.8 with sigma. Those are mostly satellites, one iridium flash close the end and few airplanes.

Few more from northern lights

Posted one picture to the weekly and here is couple more to taken with sigma 14mm.

Norway lights 1 by Kari, on Flickr

Close to hammerfest lights by Kari, on Flickr