Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sigma 14 mm Art

Sigma 14 mm Art

I just don't shoot enough astro or UWA, but the Sigma 14 mm Art could end up in my bag if I start doing either:

http://www.the-digital-picture.com/R...mp=2&APIComp=0

Sharper than the 11-24 (f/1.8 to f/4), vignetting looks well controlled (compared wide open here to the EF 16-35 III). I've also started to see reviews where the coma is well controlled (not perfect, but very good). This could be a dream lens for nightscapes.

Wow I'd be all over that! I love the view that you get with 14 mm, but the Canon f/2.8 is just a tad too slow for aurora on some occasions.

....and there is my justification. I'll wait for reviews, but I am kicking around a aurora trip next winter/spring.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
    ....and there is my justification. I'll wait for reviews, but I am kicking around a aurora trip next winter/spring.
    Yep, pretty much the same thought I had. Trying hard not to click on the "add to cart button"
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

Most likely tomorrow i have much fewer lenses once i offer all the not so much used ones for exchange to this lens....might even give my irix 15mm away also...

Got lucky. There was 1 sigma left in my local dealers shelf. Now of to get it and this evening is, if clouds allow which they should, the opening of northern light season for me. Hope i can post some pictures later on =).

Lens is now happily joined to my camera body. Sky should be clearing enough to have some auroras hopefully shot today
    Last edited by Karsaa; 08-04-2017 at 05:26 PM.

Here is one sample image taken with this nice new lens. Totally love it. What i love even more, that so far, i haven't been able to make it go foggy etc. so the weather sealing works nicely.

Sigma 14mm F/1.8 art by Kari, on Flickr

Very nice. Great "moon burst" at f/16. And very little (hardly perceivable) comma at f/1.8.

Glad to hear you are loving it too. I can see this ending up in my kit.

Just need to test with auroras next. They are being dodgy for me so far. October i go for 5 days on top of finland, where if no clouds is quaranteed auroras every night =)

My eyebrows are twitching, my GAS is flaring up, don't click the buy button, don't click the buy button....
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911