Thread: Lightroom cc and vertical panoramas issue

Lightroom cc and vertical panoramas issue

Hi,

The picture of 6 vertical panoramas i posted last week made me run to an nasty issue.

The original idea was to combine 8x vertical shots to that...but every time i tried that lightroom crashed middle of the prosessing the image. Preview comes up nicely and i can warp it to be straight but then after hitting merge....halfway thru crasch.

Checked during the prosess that i have 32gb memory on my computer and the moment it crashed there was approx...17gb in use.

Could it come for some limitation, that how hight the picture can be?

Tried with 7 images, crash, 6 and that worked.

Anybody else ran into this?

I have made panorama of 18 horizontal shots with no issues.

It sounds more like a program bug, than a computer hardware issue. Have you tried merging them in stages? Merge four images first, and then merge the result with the next three. Hopefully that won't impact the end result.

If it is a software issue, then try this:
    Rotate them all 90 degrees so the vertical is now horizontal. Then stack them horizontally. If it merges them horizontally, then you can rotate the resultant merge to the vertical after it is complete.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G870A using Tapatalk
    5DS R, 1D X, 7D, Sigma 10-20mm f/4-5.6, 24mm f/1.4L II, 16-35mm f/4L IS, 24-105mm f/4L, 50mm f/1.8, 100mm Macro f/2.8L, 70-200mm f/2.8L IS II, 100-400mm f/4.5-5.6L, 580EX-II
    flickr

Gonna try both of those methods next.

Oh yes, that flipping them to horizontal allowed me to merge them as panorama all 8 images. So it might actually be true, that there is limit on how high you panorama can be vertically. Will try the other way to combine them in 4x + 4x verticals and see what happens. Anyways ty for the heads up, i know now at least, that can take many more vertical images and combine them as horizontal.