Thread: ISO 12233 Resolution Chart Comparo Suggestion

ISO 12233 Resolution Chart Comparo Suggestion

How are you gentlemen?[H] First post here, I'm really glad that TDP has finally opened a forum, I've been visiting this site for years and I kept looking for a Canon forum that is not overrun by gadget collector fanbois like DPR and similar others. Anyway, I would just like to make a suggestion RE: the subject line. I think it would be more convenient to link the aperture drow-down menu when one is making a comparison between two lenses; currently, we have to separately click the aperture we want to view on both sides of the crop comparo, and I think it would save a couple of clicks to have as an option (make it a clickable check box or similar) to have the apertures selected be the same for both lenses. I know it's complicated by the fact that obviously the lenses all have different maximum wide-open apertures, so maybe it would be nice to start this feature at a more common aperture, say, at f/5.6 or f/8.0, and anyone viewing the crops would just go down (or up) from there.

Re: ISO 12233 Resolution Chart Comparo Suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion Eugene. I'll add it to the todo list. I'd also like to add a button that let's you swap the left and right selected lenses.