Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Making The Switch - Should I do it?

The only time I could ever recall a Best Buy having a decent selection of camera gear was during the Christmas holiday season & they had reps from Canon, Nikon and Sony hawking gear. And after talking to the reps, they each said I should head to Glazers or Kenmore Camera (Seattle Camera stores) if I wanted the best price and selection (Which I knew already).
    ---
    Way too much gear and even more lighting equipment.

Before investing more in the M series and before buying the G7XII, I wanted to get my hands on them. Bit of a long story, but I ended up looking near me in southern NH and in Orlando. What I found out is that certain Best Buys are designated as having true camera centers and others, just have some cameras. It isn't close, certain stores have significantly more brands and models. Here in NH, it is (or was) the Best Buy in Salem, NH. In Orlando, it was a Best Buy that was further up off of I-4. These centers had a much larger selection compared to other stores. For my purposes, it was literally the difference between having a M3/G7XII or not.

Two ways you can find them, 1) ask; 2) Look online and look for stores with certain cameras in stock available for same day pickup.

The BB in Brookfield is one of the few that actually has a full setup of camera equipment with many displays, etc... regular ones do not.

Dave

I looked to see the closest BB that would have the Fuji X-T2 on display and it showed there wasn't one within 250 miles.

I stopped in at Rode Camera Shop and they didn't have anything to look at.

So, now if my gear sells I will hopefully have enough $ to get the cameras (at a good deal) but my lens stock will be in a sad world of hurt! Thank goodness it is winter and will give me time to save, save, save!!