I am still wearing a brace on my right hand & wrist and since I cannot shoot much or work in PS or do much of anything else since I am right-handed, I've been pondering some ideas. Maybe my going crazy over my limitations is fogging my sensibility but here's what I'm thinking ...

All I need to shoot is macro (flowers, insects, butterflies), portraits and action of my grandkids and dogs, hummingbirds, wide angle but not too wide and a not too heavy medium length tele for backyard birds.

Sell my 7d II, 6d and get the Sony Alpha a7R III Mirrorless - This looks like the best of both worlds in a much lighter camera although reading reviews there is a lot of mumbo jumbo technical jargon that I really don't understand so it would be a huge learning curve. Looks to me like this is a really good camera but has a lot to offer that I would probably put to waste in the beginning. Being disabled now, I have only time on my hands to learn all it has to offer though.

Sell my Sigma 150-600mm C, Sigma 85mm non-art and possibly the 50-150mm lens and my tripod to make up more of the cost of the Sony camera.

Questions:

I would just need an adapter to make my other current lenses (Sigma for Canon and Lensbaby for Canon) work on the Sony, correct? Which one? Will one adapter make DG, DC, EF, EF-S work? Do lenses still work as well (AF, image quality) when using an adapter? Moving forward would I be better off buying lenses for Sony or is it okay to still look at Canon lenses to purchase and use the adapter? If I go strictly Sony and Sigma for Sony, I would have to give up Bryan's reviews, this site and you guys!

What about my Canon speedlights and Phottix Odin trigger and receivers? This may be a really dumb question but if I bought a Sony Trigger for the camera would my "for Canon" receivers and flashes communicate or would I have to switch out all of my flashes and receivers also?

Thank you for your time in helping me figure this out. You guys have always been there for me and I really appreciate it beyond words!