Thread: Lens Suggestions Needed

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Thank you. I am starting to roll with the punches that life gives me ...or I am in denial. What else can I do?

I have been thinking of the pancake lens. I had it before and it was okay.

I also bought a light tent on ebay. So I need a lens that will work well for that. I plan to use the Lensbaby for flower photos in it but would still like another lens to use.

I just saw someone on FM is selling a 28mm IS lens. Would that be good or too wide? IS is definietely a plus with my hand issue. Bryan'sreview says it's a good lens.

Which would be better for me, a 28mm IS or 35mm IS?

Quote Originally Posted by ddt0725 View Post
    I also bought a light tent on ebay. So I need a lens that will work well for that. I plan to use the Lensbaby for flower photos in it but would still like another lens to use.
    With a light tent you may want to experiment with extension tubes. They are low cost and give you a wider range.
    I wish Canon would upgrade the 50mm f1.4 as part of the (24 f/2.8 IS, 28 f/2.8 IS, and 35 f/2 IS) family. I think this would be a big seller.
    Mark

Quote Originally Posted by clemmb View Post
    With a light tent you may want to experiment with extension tubes. They are low cost and give you a wider range.
    I wish Canon would upgrade the 50mm f1.4 as part of the (24 f/2.8 IS, 28 f/2.8 IS, and 35 f/2 IS) family. I think this would be a big seller.
    I think I may have snagged a good deal on fb for the 35mm IS ($435 w/hood and filter, pristine condition). Waiting to hear back from seller.

I used to own the Kenko tubes. Now I wish I never sold them! Looks like I will have to pick them up again.