Thread: Canon 77D advice

Canon 77D advice

Hi all,

I bought my fiance the 77D recently as she showed a lot of interest in photography. She's loving it but is unhappy with the quality she gets in regards to colours etc. She's currently using the 18-135mm lens. If colours are appearing washed out would you guess it's an issue with the camera body or the lens itself?

I'm planning on trying my lenses on her body over the weekend, but there is a local camera store having a huge sale on the 24-105 and the sale will end before I get to see her and try my lenses out. That being said I have the 24-70 and don't need the 105. What are your thoughts on this? Would it be the lens or should I trade the body and lens in and upgrade to something else?

I couldn't imagine the problem being the lens. The 18-135 will likely be a bit soft in some places, but it shouldn't have any serious impact on colours and dynamic range. I'm guessing it's an issue with settings. If she's shooting jpeg, then check all the settings. Or try raw mode and see if the problem persists. The 24-105 might not be the best lens for that body, due to the crop factor. 18 mm is nice to have on a crop body for those wide angle shots.

Would you mind sharing a few pics?

Sure, I'll get her to upload some shortly