Thread: Shut up and take my money

Shut up and take my money

Now this is a way to view/display images. . Basically the 5dIV at 1:1 and 88"

https://www.yahoo.com/tech/lg-shows-...063000945.html
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911

At what point is it more of a theater?

I am still using my 42" TV I bought a decade ago. I am due for an upgrade, but I've measured my space and I think I will be 55-60" max.

I don't know where I would even put a 88" TV. I'd need a new room.

We have a 50" and it is plenty big! I mostly watch movies, golf, and the Brewers -- not that much really.

Dave

I'm in love with color of my 42" 4k sony bravia

Really wonderful
    Dogs and cats, living together! Mass hysteria!

Jamsus

I own a Sony 55" that is a year old. It failed during the one year warranty and they sent a replacement. The first was the 850 series and the replacement 900.
    The 900 Series is a bit better.

In June we moved to our hunting lodge turned home, when I designed it I allowed enough space for a 75" on the wall.
    So in November we bought one of these and now have both the 55" and 75" of this model.
    Sony - 75" Class (74.5" Diag.) - LED - 2160p - Smart - 4K Ultra HD TV with High Dynamic Range

https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...ies_75_4k.html

For what its worth I didn't buy it at B&H, but that is the same TV I have.

My impression of the two identical (except by size) TV's side by side is that the 75" makes a huge difference. As a expert pixel peeper I can appreciate the resolution. You see much more detail in the pictures on the big screen.
    The higher the resolution the closer the recommended viewing distance. For the Ultra HD recommendations if 5 to 10 feet for the 75" are common. It doesn't have to be a large room to accommodate the 75". You only need wall space.
    In my house I view at about 10 feet, but that is because of the house layout. I would prefer to be a few feet closer.

One of my concerns was how the old B&W shows would look. I was amazed at how sharp and crisp they are. The Lone Ranger and Twilight Zone on 75" is excellent.

FWIW at $12,998 I will wait for my next upgrade until the OLED TV's come down in price in a year or two.(Even though B&H gives you $5k in instant savings)
    https://www.bhphotovideo.com/c/produ...tra_hd_4k.html

I have a 55" Samsung in my office the 10bit 4k model. And the LG OLED 65" in the living room. The Samsung is awesome but the OLED is even MORE AWESOME. The OLED also has a wider angle of viewing w/o contrast loss.
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911