Thread: 2017 - What was used

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    I've gotten so far behind editing I'm still going through some 2016 images!
    It's a good thing that it isn't a challenge, I'd probably be in the race for first place

Anyway, very interesting numbers guys. I don't really do numbers, but look back from time to time at my actual use as well and adapt my kit if needed. In my use I see that I take less and less photographs with my camera, however selling it is a bridge too far. I still love doing it and taking time to do it when I can. Usually holidays and suchs.

One number I'm missing, and would be interested to know, is the amount of photos taken each year. As I said, in my usage trend I'm taking less photos every year. Do you guys also have a certain trend?

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    ---
    One number I'm missing, and would be interested to know, is the amount of photos taken each year. As I said, in my usage trend I'm taking less photos every year. Do you guys also have a certain trend?
    In my case I don’t really see any trend. I had a look at the last 5 years of my Lightroom archive and it looks like this:

Year: DSLR / P&S
    2013: 5700 / NA
    2014: 3500 / NA
    2015: 4900 / 1200
    2016: 5000 / 2700
    2017: 4900 / 1600

(I got myself a G7X in 2015, in 2013-14 I only used my DSLR.)

These numbers don’t reflect the number of exposures – these are the photos that I’ve kept after deleting the worst garbage. I seem to keep around 5k DSLR shots and 2k P&S shots per year.

Quote Originally Posted by Sheiky View Post
    I am pretty steady at 15k to 20k shots taken per year with 7k to 10k kept. My total shots taken depend on the number of major "events" I have in a given year. On vacation I do my best to have days were I barely take a picture, but then at least good parts of days that are dedicated to photography, if there is something good around. But my number of "events" from year to year have been pretty consistent. Trips, family get togethers, etc.

The next real change to what is really becoming an annual routine is I do want to start doing more official excursions or photography workshops. That could cause an uptick, but we'll see.