Thread: New 80D

New 80D

I've had my DSLRs for 5 years (6D) and about 6 1/2 years (60D) and finally updated one of them today. I'm going to go pick up a 80D this morning. I'm excited, haven't had a new camera in quite a while and this should be a night & day upgrade in capability over the old 60D.

I think I'm going to go with a dual body set up when I go out now. I can't wait to have rule of thirds focus points :-)

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    I've had my DSLRs for 5 years (6D) and about 6 1/2 years (60D) and finally updated one of them today. I'm going to go pick up a 80D this morning. I'm excited, haven't had a new camera in quite a while and this should be a night & day upgrade in capability over the old 60D.

I think I'm going to go with a dual body set up when I go out now. I can't wait to have rule of thirds focus points :-)

Dave
    Sweet! Congrats on the upgrade. Your photos are proof that you don't need the latest gear to get great shots. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's coming next with the new body.

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Sweet! Congrats on the upgrade. Your photos are proof that you don't need the latest gear to get great shots. But I'm definitely looking forward to seeing what's coming next with the new body.
    Thanks!

Dave

Congrats on the new camera! Andrea (Jamsus) certainly has been getting great shots with his 80D, and I'm sure you will also.

Danny Watson

Quote Originally Posted by Minerve101 View Post
    Congrats on the new camera! Andrea (Jamsus) certainly has been getting great shots with his 80D, and I'm sure you will also.

Danny Watson
    Thanks! It was a lot of fun to shoot with today. At one of our local parks there were quite a few ducks there that must be used to being fed by the visitors because even 300mm was too much at times. I'll post a few of the pics later. 7FPS seems blazing fast to me after the 6D and 60D :-)

Dave

Dave, I went from a 7D to the 80D and haven't looked back. I think my favorite thing out of everything the 80D has to offer is the f/8 focus point. It may be only one, but it was one more than I had with the 7D and the 6D. I think you'll like and enjoy this upgrade! I keep a landscape/wide angle on my 6D almost all the time when I go out and have the longer lenses with the 80D.

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Dave, I went from a 7D to the 80D and haven't looked back. I think my favorite thing out of everything the 80D has to offer is the f/8 focus point. It may be only one, but it was one more than I had with the 7D and the 6D. I think you'll like and enjoy this upgrade! I keep a landscape/wide angle on my 6D almost all the time when I go out and have the longer lenses with the 80D.
    Thanks, glad to hear you're enjoying it too.

Dave

Shutter click #19

2018_03_04_0019_LR_upd by dthrog00, on Flickr

Thanks for viewing.
    Dave

Nice pic!

Congrats!