Thread: Canon 1D X LP-E4N Battery Calibration.

Canon 1D X LP-E4N Battery Calibration.

Hi everyone,

I have two Canon LP-E4N batteries for my 1D X, I calibrated them whenever I got the recommended message, one of them started to show the "calibration message" even after I did the calibration. Does any one know how I can get rid of that message, and how important is calibration? My 1D X is 4 years old, with very low mileage about 15000 clicks and I alternate between the two batteries and both of them still have 3 bar performance level with no drop on battery performance.

Thanks,
    Nate

Hi Nate -
    I used to get calibration messages when I owned the original 1DX as well. So far it hasn't happened with my new 1DX II. However when I did the calibration, the message always went away. So I'm not sure what might be happening in your case. The only issue I can see would be if the charger does not let you recharge the battery without doing the calibration. That is annoying because the calibration can take quite a while. If you can recharge without calibrating, then I'd just ignore the message.

Thank you Jonathan,

I read others with the same problem let their batteries run out completely in camera (something I've never done) before they do the calibration and after calibration the message went away. I'm going to try that. If that doesn't work, I'll just ignore it, the battery recharge performance still has 3 green bars and I haven't noticed any drop in performance.