Thread: EX 1.4x ll issue

EX 1.4x ll issue

I have just recently lost the ability to change my f stop and AF with the extender connected to my equipment. The f stop, on the screen, reads 00 without the ability to adjust, while the AF just doesn't respond.
    I've cleaned all contacts on 3 various compatible lenses (one f2.8 and two f4) and two camera bodies....with the same results. My method of cleaning was first; a new, clean pencil eraser....no success. Secondly, I dampened a lens cloth with alcohol, and lightly wiped the contacts....same results.
    Any thoughts on my situation will be appreciated or am I just resigned to sending the 1.4x to Canon for repairs.
    Thanks for any help.
    Bill

You didn't mention cleaning the contacts on both sides of the TC, but I assume you did that. Make sure the camera is fully seated on the TC with the lock pin clicked in, and that the TC is fully seated to the camera with the lock pin clicked in. If either is a little off, it can cause an f/00 even though AF will work. If nothing works, sending the TC to Canon sounds like the only remaining option left (unless someone else has another idea).

Thanks Sean....I've repeated the process and made sure the connections between the camera, 1.4, and lenses were correct....to no avail.
    Guess I'll contact Canon and set up a repair.
    Bill

You know you must first put the extender on the lens, then the whole combination on the camera, to make it work correctly?

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    Thanks Sean....I've repeated the process and made sure the connections between the camera, 1.4, and lenses were correct....to no avail.
    Guess I'll contact Canon and set up a repair.
    Bill
    You may want to simply buy a used one on eBay as it'll likely be less expensive than the repair.

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

Done Sean.....price for Canon repair was too high versus version lll on Ebay. Also, I can see a marked improvement in pic quality w/the version lll.

Again, thanks for your input.

Bill

Quote Originally Posted by BillW View Post
    Done Sean.....price for Canon repair was too high versus version lll on Ebay. Also, I can see a marked improvement in pic quality w/the version lll.

Again, thanks for your input.

Bill
    Awesome! I'm sorry to hear that fixing the older TC was not economically feasible (even though I suspected as much), but I'm glad to hear that the new TC is working better than the older one. :-)