Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2018 - Image of the Week #31

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    (trying to compete with Jayson? )
    Hmmmm...well, Jayson has 3 deer and you have only 1 elk. But, the elk calf is bigger than the deer fawn, and there is an exchange rate at the border.....but David is in Canada himself.

tough..

As many of you know, I'm more a sucker for animals than for landscapes, but Jonathan, I sure hope you took a second shot of the meadow without the legend sign in the frame. While you're not short of frame-worthy landscapes, or animals, I can't see that hanging on a wall with the legend and railing in the frame.

Interesting clouds Karsaa. Does the noctilucent effect show up due to long exposure, or can you see this with your eyes?

Plenty of lone animals in the mix. Stuart, your Plover shot looks like you must have been crawling in the sand to get that angle. Jerry, great Tern. Jonathan, Nice capture of a juvenile elk... great eye contact.

But, as I'm sure comes as no surprise after mentioning the plenty of lone animals... the week goes to Jayson, with his deer family. While the elk is a rarer shot, the family group makes for a more interesting image.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

David, they can be seen with your eyes. Depends on the evening and how clear the horizon is the glowing varies a lot.

Great choice and thanks for the feedback on my shots. Congrats Jayson! I’ll have to raise the stakes and get you next time (what will it take — 4 bear cubs??).

Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
    Great choice and thanks for the feedback on my shots. Congrats Jayson! I’ll have to raise the stakes and get you next time (what will it take — 4 bear cubs??).
    Hahaha...only if they are of polar bears! Seriously though, that was a great shot. I haven't seen a baby Elk, so that was pretty cool. Great shots everyone this week and thank you David for the pick. Much appreciated!