Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst ... 345

Thread: RF, EOS R and new Tele Lenses

Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L most likely not the most smallest but very very tempting to get r =)

Quote Originally Posted by Tounis View Post
    I was surprised to see that Canon started its mirrorless range with lenses that big too. I'm curious to see if they bring more compact alternatives later. They would interest me more than a 28-70 f/2.
    I like what Canon is doing, in coming out the gate with a combination of unique high quality lenses (28-70 f/2 and 50 f/1.2) as well as fairly standard lenses (24-105 and 35 prime). I hope they keep pushing the boundaries of what can be done with the new mount, but that includes some high quality smaller glass.

That said, I am becoming concerned that the "smaller" and "lighter" for mirrorless is more in the 10-20% range and not much more. I've been looking at the various lenses/bodies and their comparable DSLR glass and that seems to be the range.

So, hopefully Canon can do better and get some lenses that are perfect for hiking/light travel/etc.

Quote Originally Posted by Karsaa View Post
    Canon RF 14-21mm f/1.4L most likely not the most smallest but very very tempting to get r =)
    Ha.....I even thought of you (and Jonathan) when I saw this rumor. That would be one heckuva aurora/nightscape lens. And speaking of exotic unique glass.