I'm watching one of Rudy Winston's intro videos. Lots of little changes.

A new customizable control ring on each lens, which can be set to any exposure control (ie: shutter, aperture, iso, or exposure compensation, and can be set to require a half-press to be active to avoid inadvertent changes. The same ring is on the mid-level EF adapter so it's available for older lenses too, which is a nice touch.

The multi-function bar, slider thingy... This seems less precise than a typical pro-level feature, but it's a neat new way to interact with the camera.

And, hidden 6:56 minutes into the video, visible for a few seconds, is the fact that the camera supports focus peaking, which has long been a want of many, and a reason to install alternate firmware.

Some of the hate may be coming from the majority of reporting being a copy of the press release, which isn't terribly exciting, and Canon doing a poor job of selling people on their new system. There wasn't (this morning, I'm not sure about now, I haven't been at home) any early previews from people who've had some hands-on time, or anything to provide a sense of what the release means. Are the new controls amazing, or more gimmicky? Are the reliable and precise enough to rely on? What's the fast new lens like? The press release talks about a 24-105mm F/4 lens. Meh. The internet is bored of 24-105mm F/4 lenses. What's this new F/2 super-sharp lens? I want more info and pricing on THAT. What other magic can this new camera do?