Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
Thanks for the selection and kind words.

To clarify how it was made, it is indeed a composite image from two exposures: one long duration for the falls and one shorter for the fish. The camera was tripod mounted for both shots (and several others) so the jump height is accurate...actually the shot before has the fish higher, I just didn't like the positioning as much. These salmon really do jump very high when jumping up a falls! Quite amazing to see actually. And if you time the season right the frequency of jumping fish is very high...several shots I have three different fish jumping at the same time.

Regarding this being a composite image, if that is outside the scope of these contests, then I'll happily withdraw my entry. I'm not generally into heavy photo manipulation but some of my images do blend multiple shots (either for focus stacking or exposure/HDR). Is this something that needs to be stated when entering photos? Or is it generally not acceptable?

Stephen
I have no idea what the rules and regs on the forum are, but I have been in discussion on this topic with my friends lately. There is nothing wrong with manipulating photos. In fact there are guidelines on the proper ethics when doing so - see "NANPA TRUTH IN CAPTIONING STATEMENT":

https://www.nanpa.org/wp-content/upl...sed-3-2018.pdf

It is all good as long as nothing is misrepresented as something it is not. Most is a matter of personal preference as to what one likes or prefers. I like this composite and clearly HDNitehawk did as well. But I would be curious to see one with the three fish and the water stopped at the same speed. I'm not sure which I would prefer, the water at it's normal speed with the fish or the multiple speeds like you have here.