Thread: 2018 - Image of the Week #39

2018 - Image of the Week #39

Welcome to TDP forum's "Image of the Week" competition. Each week photographers may submit their images to compete for the title of "Image of the Week." Weekly winners will then compete on a monthly, quarterly, and, finally, in our annual poll for the title of "TDP Image of the Year."

• The ​Week 39 entry period will be from Monday, September 24th through/including Sunday, September 30th.
    • Please supply a title for your image.
    • This is an open competition for landscape, portrait, architectural, macro, and any other appropriate photographic style.
    • Images should have been either recently taken or processed.
    • Enter as many times as you would like.

This week will be judged by NFLD Stephen.

Thanks and Good Luck!
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 09-26-2018 at 01:35 PM.

I visited the Safari Park to get some hummingbirds before the migration season is over and caught this guy.

Wow....I've seen trees that they workover getting their velvet off and polishing their antlers....but that is something else.

More loons....I think I only have a couple more worth posting after this, but I liked this shot......

"Proud Parent"

6S0A8750 by kayaker72, on Flickr

A second one from me this week

"The Watchman"
    6S0A8263 by kayaker72, on Flickr

Slow week for quantity, but definitely not slow on quality! Either of these three shots would be worthy of winning the week, but....there can only be one.

As much as I really like "The Watchman", this week I'm going with Jason's shot. I really like the expression and moment caught here. The mud on his back almost makes it look like a bronze statue - I had to look twice to be sure. Love the opportunistic nature for this shot too, always be ready when the shot appears!

Stephen

Thanks Stephen. It was hilarious watching him. I only caught him bugling in a 3 shot burst so I was super happy when he had a head full of grass to go along with it. Great shots this week everyone. The watchman is definitely a wall hanger!

Congrats Jayson.

Best part of photography...having a good time while shooting.... Great capture.

Quote Originally Posted by NFLD Stephen View Post
    Slow week for quantity, but definitely not slow on quality! Either of these three shots would be worthy of winning the week, but....there can only be one.

As much as I really like "The Watchman", this week I'm going with Jason's shot. I really like the expression and moment caught here. The mud on his back almost makes it look like a bronze statue - I had to look twice to be sure. Love the opportunistic nature for this shot too, always be ready when the shot appears!

Stephen
    I quite concur all of these are great. Congrats Jason
    If you see me with a wrench, call 911