Thread: [SOLD] FS: Beginner strobist kit: Canon 430EZ, Cactus V2s Trigger & (2) Receivers, etc.

[SOLD] FS: Beginner strobist kit: Canon 430EZ, Cactus V2s Trigger & (2) Receivers, etc.

As listed above, I'm selling the following items for $45 plus $5 shipping to the continental U.S.

(1) Canon 430EZ flash (KEH bgn rated...but looks great, works fine)

(1) Cactus V2s trigger (used, but still functional...you may need to replace CR2 battery)

(2) Cactus V2s receivers (used, but still functional...you may need to replace CR2 battery)

(2) PC to Vivitar 285 sync cords (for use with Vivitar 285 & 285HV)

(1) <span class="bodyTextBold"]

Hama PC to Hot Shoe Adapter (necessary to connect the flash to the receivers)

So why am I selling all of this? Well, the biggest reason is this--and a word of warning--the 430EZ goes to sleep after 90 seconds of inactivity (that's the way it was made). To resume strobing, you must turn the unit OFF/ON or hit the TEST FIRE button. As I'm many times moving lights around and changing settings (I've got 7 flashes for goodness sakes), that simple and unchangeable fact makes this flash almost useless to me.

I think it would be great for a beginner to learn the techniques of off-camera lighting. In addition to the gear listed above, you'll likely need an umbrella, swivel, and a lightstand to get you started off right. I highly suggest the LP633 Swivel and the LP606 8' lightstand, both from mpex.

Given the somewhat unreliable nature of the V2s system, I'm sending 2 receiver units just in case something fails with one of them. ;-)

I will accept paypal.

Re: FS: Beginner strobist kit: Canon 430EZ, Cactus V2s Trigger & (2) Receivers, etc.

Hi Sean,

I am in the process of building a strobist system and these are just the pieces I need.

I can pay by PayPal or any other method. Ready to buy right now. I'm in California.

Send me the neccessary contact information -- you have a sale.

Thanks!

Max

Re: FS: Beginner strobist kit: Canon 430EZ, Cactus V2s Trigger & (2) Receivers, etc.

Sean, do you have any old (maybe EX) flashes that will work with my 50D for sale? If you do, will you ship outside the US?

Gigabloke - Another small caveat (found out last night)- After posting I thought I'd actually test the Hama Hotshoe adapter with the flash. At first, it didn't seem to work, but after hitting the test fire button (on the wireless trigger) a few times it started syncing. I redid the test and the same thing happened. That behavior is unexpected, but at least it's predictable. So it does work, but you just have to hit the test fire button a few times on the trigger to get the flash to fire the first time--after that you're good.

If you still want it, send paypal to seansetters{at}gmail{dot}com and I'll send it tomorrow.

Oren - Nope, don't have any of those. If I did, I probably wouldn't be parting with it. ;-)

I see... thanks for the quick reply anyway :-)

<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]gigabloke-

<span style="font-size: small; font-family: Times New Roman;"]I think I'll takesome sample pictures using the items specified in the sale to make absolutely sure it's a feasible off-camera solution. I'llprobably be able to upload the results to this thread at about 7:00pm central time.

You are a thorough guy Sean -- much appreciated! I don't really feel the need to see sample pics, but since you are offering them, I will wait until they are posted. I will likely not be able to view until Saturday. I will send payment then.

Thanks mate!

Max

[img]/cfs-file.ashx/__key/CommunityServer.Components.UserFiles/00.00.00.21.08/_5F00_MG_5F00_4509_5F00_crop-small.jpg[/img]

Ok, there we go. Everything you see here is what I'm including in the sale (plus the Cactus trigger which was on my camera). I decided to throw in the receiver batteries since I had them lying around and will have no use for them after the receivers are gone (those batteries are relatively expensive, too). Looks like everything works as it should (flash fires, both receivers lit up to acknowledge triggering). Good to go.

Thanks so much Sean,

The picture tells it all.

This completes my strobist setup, (over $2300 spent in last 2 months, including camera and lenses). I have reached my spending limit. Your items came at just the right time and price.

I just PayPalled the money to you --with an extra $5 for the batteries.

Best,

Max

gigabloke-

Ok, I dropped off the package to Goin' Postal today. They're going to ship it FedEx. I think they're going to email me a tracking number, and if they do I'll forward it on to you. If they don't, I'll call them on Monday and request it.

-Sean