Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Former Active Members

Former Active Members

While this forum has some outstanding members I've noticed sometimes that I see a thread come up that's been around for a long time and you see names of people who used to be here fairly often and haven't posted in a long time.

Where have people gone? Did they burn out on photography? Go on to do other things? Pass away?

I hope all is well for everyone and they are happy.

Dave

I'm still lurking around. Winter has never been a big photo-time for me, as it's dark by the time I'm off work. My daughter is off doing things most evenings now, and already has plans for most of the summer, so we're rarely getting out to the trails in the woods. We're not shooting dog events as our dogs aren't able to compete (Zuni pushes herself too hard and injures herself in any competition, and Bran gets overly excited and will have a seizure the next day. Cagney is Cagney. She has never been able to compete. She wouldn't be able to deal with a crowd, due to her pre-rescue past, but she's the healthiest of the bunch.)

I did take photos in Poland last summer (Warsaw, Hel and Gdansk), that never made it here (or Flickr).
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    I'm still lurking around. Winter has never been a big photo-time for me, as it's dark by the time I'm off work. My daughter is off doing things most evenings now, and already has plans for most of the summer, so we're rarely getting out to the trails in the woods. We're not shooting dog events as our dogs aren't able to compete (Zuni pushes herself too hard and injures herself in any competition, and Bran gets overly excited and will have a seizure the next day. Cagney is Cagney. She has never been able to compete. She wouldn't be able to deal with a crowd, due to her pre-rescue past, but she's the healthiest of the bunch.)

I did take photos in Poland last summer (Warsaw, Hel and Gdansk), that never made it here (or Flickr).
    It's good to hear from you Dave. Life certainly changes as time goes on. Best wishes.

Dave

Just moved and I haven't been shooting much. But Spring will be upon us soon and hopefully I'll get back to my regular routine!

I'm still here. I check the site almost every day. I got out of the wedding photo business 3 years ago. I also recently moved back to Texas to be close to grand kids. Still enjoy the site, vote on polls & reading the latest reviews.

Mark

I'm still here, although this past Friday marked the end of my full-time employment with the site (been here since Sept. 2012). I'm currently exploring other options while working part-time here (posting news/deals in the mornings).

Now that I think about it, I *may* be the longest tenured active member. Bryan invited me to participate in it back when he was still developing the forum potion of the site, well before I was actually working here. :-)

Thanks all. I mostly meant the people gone for a year plus though.

Best of luck Sean w/the new gig.

Dave

Sean, maybe you can get yourself a gig being B&H's version of Mark Wallace (The AdoramaTV one, which oddly isn't any of the ones Google thinks are important)
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Quote Originally Posted by DavidEccleston View Post
    Sean, maybe you can get yourself a gig being B&H's version of Mark Wallace (The AdoramaTV one, which oddly isn't any of the ones Google thinks are important)
    Interesting idea, certainly. There would be a lot of hurdles to overcome (sufficient studio/working space, coming up with original content ideas, etc.), but it could be possible. :-)

Interesting thread. I was wondering if it would get some of the former active members from way back, as I occasionally see them listed as logged in. But I suspect we do have a number of them that lurk and check on things.

If there is anything people would like to see, please let me know. For now, I still really enjoy seeing what everyone else is shooting and, given that much of what I've learned about being a photographer came from this forum, still do learn things from time to time.

So, thanks.