Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
here, but smaller process generation allows for the construction of smaller, more efficient (less noise) systems on the chip level. It also seems that the smaller substructure may be important for moving the ADC onto the chip.
Larger pixel = Less Noise due to the S/N ratio.
Smaller more efficient structure would allow for better handling but you end up with an unfavorable S/N ratio to deal with as pixels get smaller.

Since you posted this I have been doing some reading, I think to develop a good understanding a line diagram would be helpful. There are multiple steps to remove various types of noise during the process.

Quote Originally Posted by Kayaker72 View Post
This is wrong. ISO should not be part of the "exposure triangle." Actually, there is no triangle. Rather, you have the light that hits the sensor controlled by aperture and shutter speed.
I do not agree with this statement. You have to have ISO because in many cases the required shutters speed and aperture required is outside of what is possible. You have to have the third element to compensate.

ISO is the boost in gain of the signal for a digital camera. Much of what you are talking about is how it is handled in camera and in computer.

I did a quick google search. This miss-leading explanation popped up, this is a dumbed down statement for the masses. Most people this explanation will suffice even if it is not accurate. You really do not need a higher understanding to take great pictures.

"In Digital Photography ISO measures the sensitivity of the image sensor. The same principles apply as in film photography – the lower the number the less sensitive your camera is to light and the finer the grain. ... By choosing a higher ISO you can use a faster shutter speed to freeze the movement."

If any part isn't real it is "ISO Invariance", it is nothing more than your ability to adjust the gain at a different point other than inside the body of the camera. Why would you even want to do this and underexpose pictures, so you can chimp your black pictures? What would really be the functional use for this "knowledge", other than you now know you can adjust your ISO in post without penalty?