So to start off, I just checked and it has been 8 years since I posted in this community forum and 11 years since I joined....time sure does fly.

My wife and I are going to be taking a trip out west in October and will be visiting the following areas: Death Valley, Zion National Park, Flagstaff/Sedona area, and the Grand Canyon. We made this trip two years ago and visited the same locations (minus Death Valley) and the cameras I took were a Fuji X100S and a Canon G15. My main reasons for taking this two were because of the weight savings and size of kit over taking a DSLR and associated lenses. I was very happy with the photos I took on the last trip but have been considering for this years trip to instead take my 5D MKII with a Canon 28-90 kit lens. I do own a 24-70 and 70-200 but they are too large and weigh too much for this trip.

So if it were you would you take the same kit or switch it up? And knowing the following:

Flying from the east coast
Mainly Landscapes on a tripod
Opportunistic roadside wildlife and other interesting findings
Tons of hiking including hiking down into Phantom Ranch at the Bottom of the Grand Canyon and halfway back up before camping for the night and then hiking the rest of the way back out the following morning.

Thanks in advance

-Joel