Thread: Camera Backpack

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
    40L packed out must be heavy! I admire your determination.

Dave

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
    40L packed out must be heavy! I admire your determination.

Dave

It wasn't that bad. But, I only had ~16L for camera gear and the rest was open for other stuff, which I used for layers, hats, gloves, etc. A bit contradictory, but my 22L Kiboko actually holds more camera gear than my 40 L PacSafe, which is limited by the size of the ICU. In this past trip I used the "Large" F-stop ICU (thus ~16L).

The point of the Pacsafe is about being able to carry non-camera gear, which is not too heavy. My typical kit while traveling is the 5DIV, 16-35 f/4 IS, 24-70 II, a telephoto (usually 100-400 II) and my G7XII. That isn't so bad. While I didn't weigh it, I would guess the PacSafe was around 25 lbs, but I had more gear with me than I am planning on typically carrying (an additional 2 lenses, a TC, and camera body above typical). I am hoping my typical kit with will be less than 20 lbs.

I have weighed my Kiboko and I've had it up to 34 lbs. But that was fully loaded. My Firstlight 40L (which is ~32L of camera gear), that can get heavy. I do not recall weighing it. I'll have to do that next time.
    Last edited by Kayaker72; 10-28-2019 at 12:27 PM.