Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
I've made the pre-order! .
Congrats! After what you said in October and seeing the specs roll out, I was wondering if you would pull the trigger.

Quote Originally Posted by HDNitehawk View Post
I would have to dig in to it deeper, but my questions about it would be:
1000 frame buffer, Raw+JPEG. Is that 1000 of the largest size files or lower settings.
16 fps, is that with tracking. What is the fps for continuous shooting and tracking.

I was hoping they would add a few mp, but it seems Canon is still trying to up the fps. Hopefully they realized on this round that they matched the old silent films rate of 16 fps. Those photographers that need more than 16 fps I would think are a small minority.

I was thinking about the 1Dx III, after seeing the specs I may wait to see what Canon does with the mirror-less this year.
I am even wondering how much "buffer" exists. The new cards are >1 GB/sec. Say 20 fps x 50 MB/frame (high ISO + jpg) = 1 GB/sec. I have always associated "buffer" with something similar to RAM memory, I assume they still have a little of that, but really, they could be writing straight to the cards. Interesting, but the 60 fps of the 5.5K RAW video also works out to be ~1 GB/sec (at ISO 100). So I expect there is a buffer for video to accommodate higher ISO. CF Express 1.0 is 1.97 GB/sec. CF Express 2.0 is 1 to 4 GB/sec. I have not drilled down yet to which is supported by the 1DX III.

Yes, tracking at 16 fps.

As for the MP, the claim that I have seen is that the low pass filter was modified enough that we should seen an "effective" bump in resolution equivalent to ~24 MP.

I really do wonder when they will introduce a mirrorless equivalent to the 1D lineup. While I have heard "professional R" body is expected to be released in 2020, it seems most people think this is high MP, not high fps. But, we'll see.