Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 2020 - Image of the Week #4

Congrats Joel!

Glad you liked the sky shot Jonathan!

Thanks for the kind words and the pick of the week!. I was really excited when I took this and saw it on the camera LCD.

This particular species was especially challenging to capture and it was one of the very last images I took while in Ecuador.

Quote Originally Posted by Joel Eade View Post
    Violet Tailed Sylph

Multi-flash technique using 4 speed lights set to 1/16 power (radio triggers used to sync flashes)
    5D MKIV
    Canon 100-400mm II
    iso 320
    f/14
    1/200
    Great choice and amazing shot!!! Impressive bird to say the least. Must have been a big bag of stuff going through the airport using all those flashes!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jayson View Post
    Great choice and amazing shot!!! Impressive bird to say the least. Must have been a big bag of stuff going through the airport using all those flashes!!!
    Thanks! It was one of the gems of the trip for sure. I was participating in a workshop put on by Naturescapes.net and (thankfully) the flash gear was provided. BTW....I can highly recommend them as everything about the experience was first rate.

As for luggage, I was able again to bring most all my gear as carry ons ..... the 600, 100-400, 5DMKIV and Teleconverters in the 1510 Pelican. Two other bodies, batteries, memory cards, card readers, external drive, cables and laptop in a leather shoulder case. Tripod and gimbal head, battery chargers, rain covers, 2 on camera flashes and some other miscellaneous gear like tools and cleaning supplies in my checked bag.
    Last edited by Joel Eade; 01-29-2020 at 12:28 PM.