Thread: Need help with a photo contest

Need help with a photo contest

Hey all,
    IÂ’m a photography instructor for my local 4-H club and have agreed to help with our county photo contest. IÂ’m looking for a mechanism for online photo submissions. Today, they are using Shutterfly accounts where each contestant creates their own account, then they share an album with the county judging account. To me that is very inefficient and generally is more of a headache. IÂ’m looking for recommendations for an online photo submission service that is geared towards this kind of thing. Anyone have any suggestions? Contestants would need to categorize their photos, and add data such as title, name, club/county, etc.

Any help is appreciated.

Wes

i believe Flickr lets you make an album of certain pics which you can share with others, but that entails making a yahoo account if you don't have one(last time i did anyway) or another way would be Imgur, they have the same function just titled "Galleries" and while i haven't used them they shouldn't be hard to work with.

Image titles, club/county's, image details, ect... should be easy enough.

hope this helps

~Zach

Quote Originally Posted by Zach View Post
    i believe Flickr lets you make an album of certain pics which you can share with others, but that entails making a yahoo account if you don't have one(last time i did anyway) or another way would be Imgur, they have the same function just titled "Galleries" and while i haven't used them they shouldn't be hard to work with.

Image titles, club/county's, image details, ect... should be easy enough.

hope this helps

~Zach
    Thanks Zach, I’ll check them out.

-wes

Flickr and Yahoo parted ways (it's now part of SmugMug). I know that while I'm still using my Yahoo email address to login, I have a separate Flickr password. You can likely make a Flickr account using ANY email address these days.
    On Flickr - Namethatnobodyelsetook on Flickr
    R8 | R7 | 7DII | 10-18mm STM | 24-70mm f/4L | Sigma 35mm f/1.4 | 50mm f/1.8 | 85mm f/1.8 | 70-300mm f/4-5.6L | RF 100-500mm f/4-5-7.1L

Thanks David for the correction, i haven't made an account on the since i deleted my first one when it was still yahoo owned site, so i wasn't sure.

I used to be in 4-H. Glad to hear it it still around. Flickr would make the most sense to me. Some sort of group where the people that can submit to the group is moderated to only the 4-H members or those taking the photo course.

I’ve used flicker before for private groups, but have not considered it for a photo contest. I’ll see what I can do with it. I also found www.judgify.me which appears to be what viewbug uses.