Thanks for seconding the confirmation for kit 1, Brant. Looks like I have the right idea.

So far, the only plans set in stone are the dates, the hotel (Freehand near the Flatiron building), and the Broadway play, Beetlejuice, which my daughter chose and is very excited for. Tickets are already paid for, so we can't do TKTS, but perhaps this info will help somebody else one day. We do plan to see the Museum of Natural History, and the wife (far more than the daughter) really wants to go see the Museum of Mathematics. Daughter really wants to go to Brooklyn to find something Brooklyn 99 related (looks like the green line, which goes past our hotel, goes right into the 99, but we need to switch from the 6 to the 4). Prospect Park Zoo looks to be near the 99 too, so that's an option. We will of course hit Central Park.

Aside from that, we're open. I expect we'll find plenty to see and do just wandering around, but figured I'd ask as open-ended a question as possible to see what people suggested as "can't miss", then try to plan around that.

Food seems to be a popular suggestion, but food is a tricky one for us. Wife prefers veggies, but will tolerate some meat. I'm a meat/potatoes kind of guy. There is very little in the way of veggies that I find edible. The fancier the restaurant, the more likely they will have ruined the meal. Daughter has nut and egg allergies, and also avoids spicy. The allergies lean us away from a lot of oriental cuisine, as they often have a nut component. North American breakfasts are nearly all egg-based. I don't like tomato or cheese, which it enough to pretty much eliminates the entirety of Italian cuisine.... it's just easier to avoid food suggestions altogether. We'll each find something.

The 'Top of the Rock' that Scott mentioned looks like a cool photo-op. Perhaps if the girls want to do something on their own (like go to a vegan restaurant), I can head up top. I can't imagine all three of us heading up, and the two without the camera being patient while waiting for the perfect shot.