Quote Originally Posted by Jonathan Huyer View Post
I don't own a mirrorless camera, but I'm quite interested in getting people's feedback on these points. Plus, I'm also curious as to how the quality holds up when you are shooting at high ISO levels (like around 6400). Does the image start to fall apart in the viewfinder?
I got up too late for a sunrise picture. I know with older cameras, the back lcd could get very noisy in some circumstances like before sunrise. So far, I am not really seeing it in the EVF. Either pixel binning or something else may be going on here, but noise seems well handled.

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Throgmartin View Post
I could see myself eventually giving mirrorless another go, but truthfully times are tough right now economically and I'm not sure it is going to be better soon. The 6D2 is good enough.

Dave
Totally makes sense. The 6D2 is a great camera and should work great for you for the foreseeable future.

Personally, I am not sure I want a mirrorless as my primary camera. I picked up the M6 II last fall in part to replace the M3 and give the M system another chance, but also to assess how I like mirrorless...and, for that matter, the latest APS-C sensor. So, I have been impressed with the M6 II as I've used it here or there. It feels and acts like a small legitimate camera. I decided to give it a real go and have shot exclusively with it for 2-3 weeks now. I am working my more detailed opinions, but there are pros and cons to AF, EVFs, etc.

Here is to hoping everyone is being smart, safe and that the more extreme effects are confined to March/April.