Thread: Pentax 800mm f/4 for 67!!!!!

Pentax 800mm f/4 for 67!!!!!

Holy freaking mother of all lenses! I've never seen or heard of this lens before. It's a beast and a bird photographers dream and nightmare at the same time. Haha. But seriously with my affinity for manual lenses and medium format film this is definitely on my must have list. If I had the means of course, which I don't.

But an 800mm f/4 for 35mm would be SERIOUSLY trick if they made it. Probably cost $150,000/$200,000 if they did. Basically faster version to the 1200mm f/5.6, similar aperture diaphragm.

https://www.adorama.com/us%20%20%20%20350421.html
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 05-11-2020 at 04:53 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Fast Glass View Post
    with my affinity for manual lenses and medium format film
    That lens would awesome to have for wildlife but crazy expensive.
    You still shoot medium format? What camera do you have?
    I love medium format but have not used mine in years.
    Mark

I do not, have only shot some 35mm. But its something I'd like to get into, but first I want to build up my DSLR setup. Probably 6×7 is what I'd go for actually, almost bought one so many times.

I started with a Yashica Mat 124G 6x6. When I got in the darkroom and started enlarging I lost interest in 35mm. I later got a Bronica ETRs 6x4.5 because it had attachments so it was like operating a 35mm.
    With Digital I stopped using the film camera. If I could afford a medium format Digital I would jump on it but way too many $$s for me.
    Mark

Oh yeah, if I had my choice of camera it be a phase one. I am honestly not that stoked by the GFX medium format. Sensor is smaller than the lenses it mounts and the colors and color accuracy is not even close to phase one or Hasselblad. I think it's still a great camera but I'm not as stoked about 100mp. I'm more interested in the colors and dynamic range afforded by medium format digital. Getting those incredibly natural looking images and INSANELY low noise files. It be relegated to landscape and portraits primarily.
    Last edited by Fast Glass; 05-12-2020 at 12:00 AM.